Italian Food: Chicken With Peppers, Onions, & Balsamic Vinegar


I try to keep our weekly meals as light and healthy as possible, which usually entails a lot of plant based meals along with some poultry and seafood. When it comes to poultry, I used to be a white meat only kind of girl, until I learned just how flavorful and moist chicken thighs and legs are. Although I usually prefer to cook with chicken thighs, I was recently at a store that had chicken breasts for such a great price, that I couldn’t resist picking them up.
You can do so much with chicken, but during the week I try and keep things straightforward and easy. I recently put together this easy yet delicious dish in under thirty minutes, making it a perfect option for busy mid-week meals. This dish is cooked completely on the stovetop, and I prefer using either my cast iron frying pan or Dutch oven casserole dish for recipes such as this one. The peppers and onions become very sweet and tender, and along with the balsamic vinegar act as the “sauce” for the chicken. The chicken breasts I used were quite large, so I just cut each breast in two so they would cook equally, and then the day after, I used leftovers to make a delicious panini for lunch! To create a complete meal, I would serve this dish with some roasted potato wedges or mashed potatoes. Yu certainly could use chicken thighs in this recipe in place of chicken breasts if you prefer.

Source : http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2017/01/chicken-with-peppers-onions-balsamic-vinegar/

No comments

Powered by Blogger.